12 Reasons to List During the Winter
Why Acting NOW Could BENEFIT You… NOW!
1. Inventory of Competition is Lower: Your home stands out with serious buyers, who have less to choose from. Odds of selling actually go UP during this time of year. Statistics prove this!
2. Only the SERIOUS buyers are out in the fall and winter: Fewer people are in the house, yet are more likely to make an offer.
3. Taking Exterior Photos with Holiday Decorations: This can be a big asset before being left with full-on-winter, dead landscaping… and nothing to dress it up!
4. Homes Show Better While Decorated: Fireplaces, evergreens, scented candles all add to the beauty inside… when it's not so pretty outside. This Contrast can cause YOUR home to show BEST NOW.
5. It's OK to have specific "no showings-times" During Holidays: Just because you're planning a few days of no showings is no reason to not be for sale the REST of the time. "Not this week" is perfectly OK.
6. Houses Feel More Like "Homes": Coming in from the cold a cozy-home-feeling causes emotions you can't get other times. People are generally just grateful and happier during this time of year. That can = a Sale!
7. Online Searches Go Way Up: People stay indoors and tend to do research online during time off. If you aren't listed, they can't find you online. If you don't play, you can't win!
8. End of Year Buyers May Pay More: End of year buyers may have mental or actual deadlines. With less time to negotiate AND fewer homes competing that could = the BEST price for YOU.
9. More Day-time Showings mid-November through January: With holiday time-off, daytime showings increase during this time of year leaving your home free for you during evenings and weekends.
10. End of Year Buyers have an "urgency factor":Many employers hire to start January. There are also tax benefits and other urgency factors that effect Buyers in Nov/Dec. If you don't list now, you miss those buyers. They've bought before you ever go on market.
11. Late occupancies are common during this time: Many that need to buy by end of year don't have to occupy right away, allowing a real win-win. They win buying now, and you may be able to negotiate your move for later while taking your profit out now!
12. Decreased Demand on Vendors: Lenders, appraisers, home inspectors, movers and other vendors are less busy causing more time for YOUR transaction to be smoother & easier. A huge reason to do this NOW rather than with the "crowds".
Think of the Peace of Mind you'll have to be "all done" while others are just starting! --- Not listing now could cause you to miss YOUR perfect buyer who needs to buy NOW.
The Question really is – why delay? What's the real downside to listing NOW… when there are so MANY good reasons NOT to wait?